Workshop: Ethics in Practice: Health, an Exception in Sociology?
Date: Campus Condorcet, Aubervilliers
Location: June 25, 2024, at Campus Condorcet in Aubervilliers
For the past twenty years, there has been a proliferation of works addressing ethical issues in social sciences, as evidenced by various publications (articles, journal special issues, and books) and conferences on the subject.
The field of health is particularly concerned with these ethical questions.
The aim of this workshop is to examine the specific situation in which health research finds itself and to benefit from the diverse experiences of researchers facing these issues. Through this event, we hope to contribute to the development of collective responses to the ethical questions raised in the sociology of health and collaboration with ethics committees. We invite proposals for presentations that fall within one of the following three axes:
- Axis 1: The influence of institutions regulating research ethics in health
- Axis 2: Practical resolutions to ethical issues in the field
- Axis 3: The contribution of emotions to the field and research methods
Presenters are invited to submit a communication proposal of a maximum of 4000 characters (including spaces, excluding bibliography), specifying the axis they wish to align with, by January 31, 2024, to the email address email@example.com. Proposals will be reviewed by the scientific committee, and the organizing committee will respond by February 29, 2024. Abstracts for selected presentations are expected by May 17, 2024.
- Shirine Abdoul Carime, sociology doctoral student, EHESS, CESSP laboratory / Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juliette Bontemps, sociology doctoral student, EHESS, CESSP laboratory / Contact: email@example.com
- Aude Béliard, sociologist and lecturer, Université Paris Cité
- Claudine Burton-Jeangros, associate professor in sociology, University of Geneva
- Anne-Sophie Cousteaux, scientific coordinator of the ERC Gendhi
- Muriel Darmon, sociologist, research director, and co-PI for the ERC Gendhi, CNRS
- Benjamin Derbez, sociologist and lecturer, University Paris 8
- Jean-Sébastien Eideliman, sociologist and lecturer, University Paris Cité
- Aurore Loretti, PhD in sociology and lecturer, Catholic University of Lille
- Anne Paillet, sociologist and lecturer, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Marie Jauffret-Roustide, sociologist and research fellow, Inserm